Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Blackberry curve 8310 Can't set up email It says I need an enterprise activation password!

-'This BB has a blank IT policy on it written by John Clark from blackberry forums' can be removed by going to OPTIONS and OWNER and delete the text and you can enter your info if you like.

-were you able to create a account on http://att.blackberry.com and add your school email address?

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cindylou05
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry curve 8310 Can't set up email It says I need an enterprise activation password!

I am registerd on the internet, but it is not on my phone.  The phone says there is no BIS connection
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh

cindylou05 wrote:
I am registerd on the internet, but it is not on my phone.  The phone says there is no BIS connection
Did you set up email on BIS? if yes, log back into BIS account and send service books and test email message flow. 

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cindylou05

I have never been able to register it on my phone because it asks for an enterprise activation password and when I put in my information and hit activate it says there is a service error.  I followed the instructions on the att.blackberry website and it took my email and said it was successful.  I have tried to send the service books, nothing happens. 
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

cindylou05 wrote:
I have never been able to register it on my phone because it asks for an enterprise activation password and when I put in my information and hit activate it says there is a service error.  I followed the instructions on the att.blackberry website and it took my email and said it was successful.  I have tried to send the service books, nothing happens. 

You only use enterprise activation if you are using a BlackBerry Enterprise Server; you are not.  Do not use this icon.

Do your setup / configuration through at&t's website.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh

so you were successfully able to add ur email address then and when you log into ATT site, you see your email address set up with a check mark in frotn of it, correct?

on the left side there is an option to send service books, can you please click on it and send service books. after thsi you should get Activation, congratulations email on your BB telling that you have successfully set up your email address.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cindylou05

Yes on the att blackberry website, it says that everything is set up properly.  I have clicked send service books several times and it says they have been sent to my phone, but nothing happens after this. 

the only option my blackberry gives me is to set up using the enterprise server activation password.  I do not have the option to just set up a regular email.  This is what I am trying to figure out how to change.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cindylou05

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

At&t did not have my account set up properly like they orignally told me!!  It works now!!

Thanks for the help!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

cindylou05 wrote:

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

At&t did not have my account set up properly like they orignally told me!!  It works now!!

Thanks for the help!!

AMEN!

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blossomangel
My Device: blackberry curve 8310
My Carrier: etisalat

Hi i just got a blackberry 8310 i dont know how to set my internet
Please use plain text.