Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

murphette1027
My Device: Not Specified

Calendar Duplication on Outlook for BlackBerry Users

Blackberries:  8300 series, The Tour
CDO.DLL version:  6.5.7651.61
BES Version:  4.1.0.38
Outlook: 2003 and 2007
Wireless Activation: Yes
Desktop Activation: No
We are a full Blackberry House with a couple of different devices as well.  The other devices are experiencing the same problem.  
Security Policies are enforced
We do not use any desktop software to sync the Blackberries.

On the BB for the Calendar:
Wireless Synchronization: Yes
CICAL: Desktop
CMIME: Desktop
SYNC: Desktop

Issue:

A meeting in Outlook is sent out to employees and it needs to be changed.  If an updated meeting is issued and if it is accepted on the desktop it will show a tentative meeting along with an accepted meeting.  But if you accept the meeting on the Blackberry before it reconciles wirelessly after the you have accepted it on the desktop, it will clear the duplication.  If you only accept it on the desktop and the Blackberry reconciles, then the tentative meeting stays.  

This happens for Administrative Assistants along with regular Employees who have BlackBerries.  Non BlackBerry users do not have this problem.  

Resolutions Tried:

Wiping the BB and taking it the employee all the way off of the BES and reactivating. Same result.

Did the CNFG on Enterprise and still no go.

Turning off the default settings on Outlook and no

Turning on the default settings in Outlook and still a no go

Changed the default Security Policies to Default Policy

Changed the Security Policies to Testing Policies

Changed the Security Policies same results

We are under the assumption that this maybe be due to the fact that our CDO.DLL is the incorrect version and may have to roll it back or upgrade the BES to at least 5.1.

The only work around is to have the attendees accept it on their Blackberries instead of accepting it on Outlook itself.

Any other help will greatly be appreciated!!!!!!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Calendar Duplication on Outlook for BlackBerry Users

Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

Let's get this thread moved the BES section, and one of the smart people there will likely get it sorted for you.

Don't repost, I'll get it moved.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

What version CDO.DLL is installed on exchange?

Use search on exchange to find it and dont forget to look at hidden files during your search.

Also BES SP6 amd MR7 are out and would be a good idea to upgrade then trouble shoot as your version is a bit old.

Get your downloads here.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=7B66B4FD401A271A1C7224027CE111BC 

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

murphette1027
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the feedback.

Our CDO.DLL version is CDO.DLL version:  6.5.7651.61

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

What version CDO.DLL is installed on BES? you original post was not clear on it.

KB04912 - How to check if and where the CDO.dll file is registered on the BlackBerry Enterprise Serv...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V