Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
syscoord
My Device: Not Specified

Calendar Synchronization to Outlook

I have a single user (out of 12) that enters calendar items on the BB 8800 and they do not show up in Outlook. They do show up on the device when entered in Outlook. I have gone through several KB articles describing the problem and fixes - cdo.dll files match, service account permissions are correct and not part of domain admins, etc - still can't correct it. Tried a couple searches with the only event log entries that show up in Event Viewer - 20035 and 20216 - but I can't find anything new to try. Any thoughts?

BES Server 4.1.4.15

Exchange Server 5.5

Both on separate W2K servers

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pinjo

Re: Calendar Synchronization to Outlook

A couple of things that I usually try first if only one component is not synchronizing:

1. Reset the device

2.  After verifying that Wireless Synchronization is turned on for Calendar, I turn it off, save it, and turn it back on.

3. Delete and undelete the "Desktop[Sync] service book. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
syscoord

My apologies, I forgot to mention that this is a new/replacement device for a defective one. This problem was occurring on the old one as well. Enterprise activation completed fine on the new unit.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
TheOracle

[ Edited ]

Hi syscoord,

It would be helpful if you could test creating an appointment on the BlackBerry, then provide us with the log lines that were written for the affected user, during the time of the test. If there is an exception occurring (an exception is a hardware-generated condition that occurs when CPU processing fails for some reason...such as a memory access violation), additional logging would be extremely useful and capturing a dump file (using a debugger) may be necessary. To quickly determine if an exception is occurring, you can search the debug logs for, 'Exception code'. Four example lines that you might see (if an exception is occurring) are:

[20035] (04/10 13:16:30.617):{0xDE5} {user@domain.com} CDOCalendar::MapOriginalStartDates - Exception handled
[30180] (04/10 13:16:30.617):{0xDE5} {user@domain.com} CDOCalendar::MapOriginalStartDates - Error in call pException->GetProps
[30000] (04/10 13:16:30.617):{0xDE5} CDOCalendar - exception caught in thread Id=0x5261
[30000] (04/10 13:16:30.617):{0xDE5} Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION

Message Edited by TheOracle on 04-12-2008 09:34 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
syscoord

Thanks, folks. In trying to provide the diagnostic info, we discovered that the problem has cleared up. I guess the reregistering dll files and such just takes a while to work (???). Thanks again, I think this forum is going to be very helpful in the future.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
TheOracle

[ Edited ]

I'm very glad to see the disappearance of the symptom! I'm not convinced however, that only registering the files fixed this. The log lines that you provided suggest a problem with particular appointments (or appointment properties) in the affected calendar(s)...

Message Edited by TheOracle on 04-18-2008 12:53 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
syscoord

ree, I don't feel confident that that is what corrected the problem either, but unless/untill it crops up again, I'll leave well enough alone. But thanks for your help, I greatly appreciate it.
Please use plain text.