Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

rEN
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Can i change a BES to BIS?

Hello BlackBerry community!!!

This is my issue (sorry if my english is bad, i haven't studied it a lot)

This is just a question, i have a blackberry pearl 8100, activated with Movistar at Mexico.

But, my software is BES (Blackberry Enterprise Service) and i cannot activate my own email with it, so i need the BIS (Blackberry Internet Service).

Can i do something? or i need to buy another blackberry and check it out before paying it, lol.

Thank you BB team!

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Can i change a BES to BIS?

In most of the cases all the BES users able to get BIS service. If this is true for your case then you should be able to configure your personal messages in BlackBerry. If you can't do this then call for your carrier's support service and ask for BIS service.

Note:

1. You have to have BlackBerry data plan for having access to BlackBerry features

2. If this is device is used in other network then you need to have release device PIN from BlackBerry Infrastructur. This can be done by calling the original operatos where the device is used previously.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

rEN
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can i change a BES to BIS?

Ohh... god bless your words xD i thinked i were lost with this... =D

Well... so telefonica movistar, here we go!

Thanks for your answer