Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
bbri14
My Device: Not Specified

Can't add user after they were deleted in BES

I have the free BES for one user with one BB. The user was accidentally deleted but when I try to re-add the user, I get the message that "The number of users selected exceeds the number of available licenses. Please select a fewer number of users to add."  On the Users tab, there are no users listed. If I go to the Home tab and select "Find Handheld" it brings up the BB device's PIN.  If I press "Go to User" it takes me back to the Users tab which is still blank.

I have tried to go into the BB Server Configuration and re-created a new database, but the new database doesn't seem to help.  I still have the one user stuck in limbo.  Rebooting the server hasn't helped.  Stopping the SQL Manager didn't seem to do any good either.  And I have waited to see if the database will clear itself after 48 hours but it has not.

Does anyone else have any ideas that I can try?  This is very frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
seoks
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can't add user after they were deleted in BES

Hi,

I just got the same problem today.

Try to do this solution:

Via an SQL-Management-Tool, e.g. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express you connect to the Blackberry database e.g. "BESMgmt". Select the table „dbo.UserConfig“, open the table and delete the appropriate line.

Attention: I am a NEWBIE managing Blackberry professional software. So I am not sure, if this is the right solution.

Good luck

Gisbert

Please use plain text.