Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
Donalduck
My Carrier: MTN

Cannot enable Wireless Contact Synchronization

I can send and receive emails and my calendar synchronizes, but my contacts do not synchronize and I am unable to enable Wireless Contact Synchronization. If I go to Contacts, Menu, Options and select Desktop, it shows the number of entries. That is all. There is no Wireless Contact Sync tab to select to enable Wireless Sync. Using the RSET command, I get "Wireless synchronization for Desktop is not enabled. Wipe contacts list anyway?"

At Enterprise Activation I type in CNFG and it shows Wireless Sync: Yes. I set it to No, save and exit, go back and set it to Yes again, but that does not help either.

I noticed in BlackBerry Desktop Software Organizer, only Calendar is grayed out (syncing wirelessly). Settings on your device are preventing the synchronization of some items. If I disable Calendar Wireless Sync, the message disappears.

I had the problem with my BB 9360, bought a BB 9900, but still have the same problem. I reloaded the firmware on the phone and even tried a factory reset, but that did not work either.

Can someone please help me?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Carrier: .

Re: Cannot enable Wireless Contact Synchronization

Is it maybe disabled on the BES?
There is a Policy for that:
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB18067 (you can also disable Contacts instead of everything which is not mentioned in the article).

You can turn off the sync of the address book also on the user on the admin website by clicking on "Default Configuration"
Please use plain text.