Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Cannt get HTML email working BES 4.1 SP6

I cannot get HTML email working. This is something that my users have been hanging out for for a while. And i've told them they can now have it......silly me.

I am running BES 4.1 with Exchange 2003 and recently installed SP6 (BES reports its version as 4.1.6.10).

I have today upgraded a BB Curve 8300 to version 4.5.0.52 (platform 2.7.0.66) and from what i have read in the documentation these version should support HTML email. For some reason i still get emails showing the links, not HTML.

Interestingly, my BES server still shows that device is at "Platform Version: 2.4.0.62" and "Blackberry Version: 4.2.2.146" which is quite different to what the actual device tells me.

Could it be that the BES server does not know that the device has been upgraded and so therefore doesn't think it can support the new HTML email feature and doesn't send it? Do i have to do something in the BES to tell it to re-look at the device?

I tried another Enterprise Activation which worked fine but same result.

Thanks,

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Cannt get HTML email working BES 4.1 SP6

Do you have any BIS integrated email accounts on that device to verify if HTML is working?

I'm not sure if BES reads the db to see if a device supports HTML or not.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor

No, i don't have BIS on the device. I didn't know you could have both on a device!!

I've just checked the device this morning and HTML email is now working. It certainly wasn't all day yesterday when i upgraded the software on the device. Does the BES server take a while to "discover" the device configuration or something?? it would be nice to know.

Anyway, thanks for your help but it seems i was just a bit impatient.

Problem solved.

Peter Herbison

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

The BES syncs HH stats every ~4 hours ... so a little patience definitely helps!
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor

Hi-I am having the same problem with this issue I cannot seem to get my Gmail in HTML format.  My BES email is able to get the emails correctly because I have sent an email that I received on my Gmail to it and was able to see the full email.  I have the current software uploaded v4.5.0131 (p;latform 3.4.0.25) so what can I do?  I have taken it to the Sprint store and they told me that could possible refurb and try again.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Knot sure how to help since it is knot a BES issue.

I would try one of the device forums and search HTML GMAIL for you device.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I actually fixed it!!! Someone on another post suggested to have the service books resent to my phone.  I work at Sprint so it was a few of us who were not able to view the email in HTML format and our tech was not able to figure it out.  We each signed into our blackberry account and resent the service books and it now WORKS! 

Thanks again!

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

congrats to you, glad you figured it out.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Telus

I wanted to say I had the same problem, and had to resend the service books from the BES to my client