Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Configuring a remote BlackBerry Router

I have an existing BES & plan to build a remote BlackBerry Router in the DMZ. I have read KB13732 "How to move from a local to a remote BlackBerry Router service" & have also read "Placing the BlackBerry router in the DMZ" & am making an assumption that when I install the remote BlackBerry Router I will not require a second SRP ID or the SRP Authentication. Can someone please confirm?
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Configuring a remote BlackBerry Router

[ Edited ]

You do not need a second SRP ID.

Have fun with Firewall rules.

Message Edited by knottyrope on 01-19-2009 02:42 PM

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

/agree

Why are you putting the router in the DMZ

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Some people like pain with no gain.

Placing_the_BlackBerry_Router_in_the_DMZ.pdf

Page 5

Security

A remote BlackBerry Router might enable further security options because the BlackBerry Router does not have encryption keys and therefore does not compromise the security of the BlackBerry Infrastructure if the BlackBerry Router itself is compromised. However, implementing the BlackBerry Router in the DMZ does not necessarily increase security.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

Thanks for the confirmation. Much appreciated.

As to why we are placing a remote BlackBerry Router in the DMZ. I work for a government agency & it is a security policy.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Man I hear people go through that all the time, you have no idea what type of headache you are going to create

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Contributor

Why do you say? I know what needs to be done regarding firewall rules, registry edits etc. Are there system latency or service stability issues?
Guru III
My Device:

Latency, well maybe a few ms, but the users would not notice that.

No stability issues that I have heard.