Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

jrusso
My Device: Not Specified

Copy contacts from 7290 to Pearl

I had a 7290 that I used strictly for work emailing and a seperate cell phone that I used for placing calls.  My company just recently upgraded my Blackerry 7290 to a Pearl which will now act as my phone and email.  I transferred my sim card from my cell phone to my new Blackberry Pearl beause that is the number that my clients have for me.  I was able to transfer my phone book from the cell to the Pearl because I used that sim but I cannot figure out how to transfer my contacts in my 7290 to my Pearl, in fact I cannot figure out how to even copy my contacts in the 7290 address book to the existing sim card.  Can anyone help with this...I am not looking forward to re-entering all of my email addresses to the Pearl!!!

Thank You

Please use plain text.
New Developer
miles_trooper
My Device: Bold

Re: Copy contacts from 7290 to Pearl

You can use Blackberry Desktop Manager software to do this. Either sync your contacts with your PC on your old device, then syn again with the new device.

Or use Backup & Restore. Or try the switch device wizard, although I have never used this I would assume it covers this.

Please use plain text.
coda77

I've got a user with a Pearl going to a Curve, we've tried backup from old/restore to new; using DTM to synch contacts from old BB to PC, then PC to new BB; Switch Device Wizard; activating old device on BES so contacts will synch with Outlook... none of these have worked, the contacts on the old device have not synched to his Outlook or his new device.  Suggestions?
Please use plain text.
tjohnson825

The problem appears to be an OS issue.  I was able to do it using a 3rd party app called ABC Amber BlackBerry Editor (its free) and worked great in doing almost exactly what you tried to do..  The app is able to open the bb backup files (ipd) and edit them, I then created a new ipd file (with a new name of course to not overwrite the old one) and then did a restore from that ipd.  It appears to be successful!

Have a good one!

Please use plain text.