Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
requiem1114
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Create a folder under Inbox???!!!

Dear all,

Our company exploring the BES server now with 4.1.6 version with BB Curve now.

I find some problems, one of the problem is that, when email comes in from email to my outlook (inbox folder), everything is fine.

However, if I create a subfolder (called yahoo) under inbox, then create a rule, for instance, whatever email with .yahoo.com, it will automatically move to  subfolder (called yahoo).

At my BB Curve, I don't see any email at the subfolder (called yahoo), but I can see yahoo email at my outlook.

Strange thing is that if I move email to subfolder (called yahoo) instead of using the rule, then I can see the email at BB Curve.

Thanks

Ken 

Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Create a folder under Inbox???!!!

you have to setup folder redirection for BES to retrive emails from subfolders:

On device go to Messages Icon> Options.> Email settings > Push menu key 'Folder Redirection' and choose desired folders

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Contributor
requiem1114
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for quick respond.

I still have a little question regarding this issue.  The email go to the "subfolder" called yahoo now.  It seems that the email show up at both place at BB Curve (message and subfolder).  Is there anyway that email only show at subfolder instead of both place??

Is it possible??

Ken
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

On device go to Messages Icon> Options.> General Options Hide Filed Messages: change to yes.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V