Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Current patch level of BES 4.1.X

Carefull with MR8

After upgrading to MR8 you can not goto SP7 possibly.

MR8 was released after SP7.

KB20383 - Unable to upgrade to BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 4.1.7 from version 4.1.6 MR8

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan

I think I speak for the entire BES community when I say.

wow

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Please use plain text.
BA4Z

Forgive me I have some experience with BES Server management but not doing updates.  Are the updates cumulative or do you need to do each update separately in order to get all the fixes?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

They have always been culmative

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope

Service Pack 7 (SP7) and Maintenance Release 1 (MR1) has been released and fixes many issues for Exchange and Domino.

Get your doumentation and downloads here.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/server.jsp

Download a trial in case of missing media for testing purposes.

https://www.blackberry.com/eBES/trialOrder.do?id=15

Please use plain text.
Visitor
lisanmss
My Carrier: _

[ Edited ]

Hello,

We are updating our Blackberry Server, we are currently on 4.1.5 bundle 79 and it looks like I should upgrade to 6 MR8 rather than 7.  What have been people experiences with 7 versus 6 MR8 (which I read was realeased after 7).  Which is more stable?

It seems like going from MR8 to 7 is difficult but what would be the reasoning to do that if MR8 came out after.  I guess does MR8 fix anything "buggy" in 7?

Thanks for your advice

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope

you will have to read the release notes to decide if the fixes are needed or knot.

I am om SP6 MR7 at the moment

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan

Hello,

The following software are now available for download:

• BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1 Service Pack 7 Maintenance Release 2 for Microsoft Exchange
  • BlackBerry Enterprise Server v4.1 Service Pack 7 Maintenance Release 2 for IBM Lotus Domino

Please visit http://www.blackberry.com/go/serverdownloads to access the software update, documentation, and any additional information.

Thank you,

BlackBerry Software Releases

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope

4.1.7 MR 3 is going to be out soon. Release notes are already available.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope

Service Pack 7 Maintenance Release 3 for Exchange

• Filename: besx417mr3.zip
  • Filesize: 49.5 MB
  • Date posted: 17-May-10

Service Pack 7 Maintenance Release 3 Domino

• Filename: besn417mr3.zip
  • Filesize: 40.2 MB
  • Date posted: 17-May-10

Please use plain text.