If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
inamdartushar
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Custom activation email message, with text formatting.

Hi,

I've customized the EA email message, which is sent while generating EA p/w using "generate & email activation password" option & all the users are getting this customized message (with $p for the p/w placeholder).

Another query raised by few IT savvy users is, can we format the text in this custom email message?

(like colored/bold text ... etc)?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Custom activation email message, with text formatting.

no it is sent in plain text only.

New version of BES might have this, have to wait and see.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sysadm1nford
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: N/A

Would you happen to know if there is a way to send the activation email out to an smtp address like gmail, etc. instead of the user's echange mailbox? Or both would be fine as well. 

I have received complaints from my testers that it is too much trouble to type all of the links in manually on their phone. They also don't like the idea of forwarding from work email to personal... picky group :smileysad: 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

if you specify an activation password you can manually send out an email with the info to a personal email account

type in all the links? what do yo mean?

its just an email address and a password to activate

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sysadm1nford

Where is option to specify the email address? I'm not using BB devices and for whatever reason, android/apple app stores will not find the bb 10 client when searched. Strangest thing but they have to type in the entire app store url to find the client. 

I would like a portal or a way to send external activation messages to users with all of the info. Like with AirWatch (my only previous MDM experience) there was a url for users to login to and viola! It did all the work and they just entered their AD creds. Access was controlled by a security group so I didn't have to do anything but add a user to the group to enable them for MDM. 

Basically, I'm lazy and want this to be as easy as possible for me and the users lol

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I have them log into webmail to get the info

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sysadm1nford

Yeah I thought about that as well but was just looking for functionality of a different product. 

Thanks for the advice Knotty!

Please use plain text.