Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
helpdesk28
My Device: Not Specified

Device software 4.5v

hello...

we are currently using a Blackberry Enterprise Server for our users.  now that the Blackberry Device Software 4.5v is out can i push this on the server? 

your reply is appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Device software 4.5v

Not at this time, but in the future if all devices are on 4.5 (previous versions will not work) you will be able to when RIM enables it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
helpdesk28

sorry i'm new to the Blackberry world.  so you are saying if i wanted my users to have the new software device i need to install the desktop manager on their computer? 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

For remote users you might have to if they are not at 4.5 or higher.

There is a web version of it as well if you want to setup a koisk for users instead of installing it on everyones PC.

Using desktop manager it is taking about an hour to upgrade a new curve.

The BB reboot takes a long time.

Not sure if the web version is faster, I have not tried it yet.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
joji

Hi, can you please tell me how to get to the web based desktop manager? I have several users also and it will be a pain to install DM 4.5 on every computer. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/server/wdm/

Thry this link for blackberry web desktop manager

Please use plain text.