Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
pmidds
My Device: 9780

Docs to Go / Application Control Policy

Hi everyone,

Got an issue with Docs to Go following a BES migration (4.5 to 5) and was after some help if possible. The person who performed the migration has since left, so I've been left to pick up the pieces. On our old BES docs to go worked fine, but since migrating when trying to open docs to go all users get the following error:

"You have chosen to disallow the necessary application control permission changes. Documents to Go will now close."

I can get this to work by creating a new software configuration and changing the disposition for unlisted apps to optional, and having it use standard unlisted optional for its application control policy. But as ours is quite a locked down environment we don't really want to open things up in this way.

So is there any simple way of allowing this? We've a variety of devices with differing OSs.

Cheers

Peter

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Docs to Go / Application Control Policy

Hello pmidds,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

There is an IT Policy sent down from the BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) titled "Allow third Party Apps to Use Serial Port". This IT Policy specifies whether 3rd party applications can use the serial or USB ports. In this case, the IT Policy is set to "False" which will block Documents To Go Files from using the USB port. The end user cannot override this permission as it takes precedence over any changes the user attempts to make on the phone. As the USB Port is the way in which Documents To Go performs a synchronization, this policy must be set to "True" in order for Documents To Go Files to function.

We hope this helps.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.