Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
thomasrum
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Domino BES user cannot forward certain emails on their device

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have a user who is trying to forward a certain email that she has received to her blackberry. When she forwards it, the recipient just receives a blank message. If she forwards it from her mail client (Lotus Notes) there are no problems - but forwarding it using her BlackBerry means the recipient receives only what she has written, but none of the prior email chain.

I believe it was sent by an outlook user.

Does anybody have any ideas or seen anything similar? Any help appreciated.

I have tried forwarding it in plain text, it doesn't make any difference. I have rebooted the phone, I have actually synced her account to  a different device to see if it was a device problem (it wasn't).

Thanks

Tom

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Domino BES user cannot forward certain emails on their device

Hi thomasrum,

Are you receiving any errors such as “original message is not available”? If so could you please provide the full error message?
Were you able to find anything related to this in your BlackBerry Enterprise Server logs at the time the message was forwarded?

If not, you may want to contact Support for further investigation as this may be very specific as to how the message is being handled for BlackBerry smartphones in IBM Lotus Domino environments and may not be a platform agnostic issue.

Let me know the results.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.