Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
tng403
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Dupe Contacts and Calendar after move to BES 5.03

Hello,

After moving a BB user from BES 5.0 to BES 5.03 using the transporter tool, I have noticed that the Contacts and Calendar are duplicated on the BB.  Have anyone experienced this also?  Thanks. 

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Dupe Contacts and Calendar after move to BES 5.03

[ Edited ]

yes I have seen it

try to reset it, this KB should work on conatcts too

KB04950 - How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone calendar application

I have my users do this for both.

Note: The BlackBerry smartphone must be running BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 to 5.0 to perform this task.

1. Open the calendar application on the smartphone.
  2. Press the Menu key and highlight Options.
  3. Select the calendar to be reloaded, e.g. "Desktop" for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server enabled smartphone.
  4. With the calendar highlighted type rset on a QWERTY keyboard or ER,ER,AS,AS,ER,TY on SureType.
  5. Click Yes when asked to reload the specific calendar to continue.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
tng403

Thanks, That's is what  I did to resolve the issue after the move but is there a way to prevent the dupes?  I have 100+ users to move and would hate to have to "RSET" everyones calendar and contacts. 

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

did you move  mailbox too?

Duplicate calendar or contact entries appear on the BlackBerry smartphone after a simultaneous mailb...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor
tng403

Yes, moved from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

did the above KB help you out?

Contributor
tng403

Yes, that resolves the dupe contacts and calendars but I'm looking for a way to prevent the dupes from occurring.  Thanks.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

• Move the user account to the new BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
  • Wait at least 30 minutes or as long as required for the smartphone to contact the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and receive the updated service books. The information about the BlackBerry Enterprise Server change is also updated in the user's mailbox.
  • Move the mailbox.

Contributor
tng403

Thank you.  That seem to have fixed my dupe issue.  I was moving the Exchange mailbox first then the BB account as recommended by Blackberry support. 

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

do BES moves first for any migration, its just easier in the long run