Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

Email sychronisation with outlook

Hi My boss runs the Pearl, I set delete on both phone and mailbox, and mailbox wins.

I also do not hide filed emails (not sure what this does).

When his PA moves emails in or out of his mailbox, even when pressing synchronise now, these emails do not appear/disapear on the phone, is there a reason why?

Can I make this happen?

we are using exchange 2007 and BES 4.1.3.18

Also this is a separate issue but is it possible to access the "outlook flags" from the phone? (to unflag some emails?)

I might need a separate post for this issue.

Thank you for your help.

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Email sychronisation with outlook

Do you have hard delete support enabled?

What is his PA doing as far as "moving" the messages?  moving to different folders?  deleting?  adding?  please explain the EXACT type of event that is occuring to the object.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/

I did not have hard delete support enabled. I've enabled it but I can't try it just yet as the server has trouble restarting since I upgraded to 4.1.6 mr2.

I have should have this sorted shortly.... (hopefully)

Regarding "message moving", when my boss marks an email as completed (the PA flags most emails and then the boss ticks the flag off - DONE)

The PA then files the messages accordingly. the message disappear from his inbox but not from the handheld. I believe that hard delete might help with that.

the other way around is when someone sends her an email instead of sending it to him, she just moves it to his inbox but it doesn't appear in his phone.

Hi, Enabling Hard delete fixed one side of the problem, when the PA file his emails out of his mailbox, they disapear from the phone. I still have the issue of her moving emails from her mailbox to his, they do not appear on the phone.

it could work if she was to forward the emails but then we lose the sender details...

Thanks for your help so far.

Retired

Is the PA a BB user him/herself?

If so the emails arrviving the PA's mailbox get populated with a "RefID" by the BES.

Might help explain why it's not being re-picked up by the BES when that message is "Copied/moved" to the boss's mailbox.

Please help clarify.

Hi Vector

The PA is a Blackberry user herself.

So if I understand correctly, because she is, the email is marked belonging to her and therefore won't get copied accross to him.

Is there any way around this?

When the boss get's in, I'll copy an email in his mailbox, because I'm not a BB user, it should appear on the phone.

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

I'm guessing no way around ... as a refid gets stamped as soon as it is identified.  Trying from your account would be a good test.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/

Ok, just copied one email from my inbox to his, waited a while, did a few reconcile now, nothing.

it looks like the only way is to forward.