Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
bussellk
My Device: >300 8530s and 9330's
My Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

End Of Life for 4.1.6 and 4.1.7???? What about MDS applications?

Saw Knotty's post about the end of life for 4.1.7 and wanted to know what is the option for those of us running BES for MDS applications?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: End Of Life for 4.1.6 and 4.1.7???? What about MDS applications?

You can install BES 5.0.2 and after that, no more MDS on BES SP 3.

For those MDS only versions of BES, I dont have an answer for an upgrade.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bussellk

I'm using an MDS only installation. My Blackberry phones don't use an e-mail solution. Guess it is time to start looking for different phones.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

bussellk wrote:

I'm using an MDS only installation. My Blackberry phones don't use an e-mail solution. Guess it is time to start looking for different phones.

Why? BES will still function.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
bussellk

I know it still works, but I have issues with it that I really need fixed, and features I wanted added. Most of which were added to 5.0, and I was patiently waiting for an applications only version to come out, but no luck with that. I love what the Blackberry and BES combination gives me for my use, but with my version becoming end of life and no upgrade path, I can't justify staying with it as it is too risky. We will be adding another 1000-2000 phones by the end of 2012. I can't have those on a system that is no longer supported.

Please use plain text.