Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Joseba
My Device: Not Specified

'Enterprise Activation' in BlackBerry Simulator hangs

Hi,

I’m trying to connect the BB Device Simulator to an account on a BES following this instruction.

I’ve created a user in BES which can be also connected from the BB Desktop Manager. Everything works until step 8. (don’t get any “Initial Plug-in: Verifying Applications dialog box”). However, after these steps a new icon is displayed in my BB Device Simulator called “Enterprise Activation”. But when I execute this application it seems to hang and there is only the message “Status: Initializing Activation”.

The BB Desktop Manager is connected to the BES (SERVER STATUS: Online) and the device is also connected to the Desktop Manager (DEVICE CONNECTED (PIN): 2100000A).

The BES receives the PIN and the status switched to “Running”, but nothing happens.

Environment:
Lotus Domino 7.0.3
BlackBerry ES for IBM Lotus Domino 4.1.5
BlackBerry JDE 4.6.0
BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.6

Thanks for your help,
Joseba

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: 'Enterprise Activation' in BlackBerry Simulator hangs

I have had similiar issues with the simulators. Try performing a security wipe of the simulator and reactivate.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Joseba
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 'Enterprise Activation' in BlackBerry Simulator hangs

Thanks for your quick answer d_fisher. I've also tried to perform a 'Security Wipe' but I still have the same problem.

Maybe this may have to do something with step 2. 'Turn Wireless Off' because I'm not sure how to turn wireless off. :smileysad:

I've tried to do the activate manually by executing Options > Advanced Options > Enterprise Activation. Then I've entered the email and password and klick 'activate'. After that the device manager shows the Bypass and tries to connect with the following server name: activation.domain.de:4101 But after a while a message 'Activation request failed. A service connection is unavailable.' appears in the device simulator.

Please use plain text.