Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
gamarosado
My Device: Curve 8330

Enterprise Activation

Hi to all, I am having problems activating the enterprise on my phone i replaced my phone and my IT administrator sent me a new password but when I try to activate it stays "Activating" or "Retrying" I receive an email to my inbox everytime I try that says the following:

From: network@etp1102.etp.na.blackberry.net [network@etp1102.etp.na.blackberry.net]

Messeage:

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

Please help
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Enterprise Activation

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

FYI -- you've posted in the Welcome and Introductions section of the forums...typically no direct support here. But, I've already requested your post be moved to the correct place...stand by and you will find it here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board?board.id=BlackBerryEnterpriseSolution

which is where the proper experts hang out to provide you with assistance. In the meantime, go see your BES admins as they need to sort this out.

Message Edited by sdgardne on 07-07-2009 05:08 PM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

We can get this thread moved to the BES forum so you can get the best answer possible.

In the mean time, see if your IT administrator activated your account with your new  PIN

number. You can show them this example of the server logs: KB00789

Bifocals

PS. Sgardne types faster than I do!

:smileywink:

Message Edited by Bifocals on 07-07-2009 06:57 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

delete all the messages with the ETP.dat attachment and have your administrator reset your EA password.  After you've confirmed it has been reset to something else try to activate again

Pass this on to him / her for further troubleshooting: KB13852 - Identifying and troubleshooting enterprise activation issues

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
OzBBerry42
My Device: 8300

Hi,

The fact that your getting the ETP email indicates that there is nothing wrong with the handset, or Carrier or BB network.

Any activation issues are therefore the issue of the BES (and to a lesser extent the Mail) server.

Easiest thing to do is:

- Wipe the HH  thru OPTIONS - Security - Wipe Handset

- Delete user from BES

-  Go to Inbox and Delete all ETP emails.

- Add back to BES and set EA password

- Activate on handset.

That will work.

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gamarosado
My Device: Curve 8330

I have tried everything in these posts and nothing has worked and I can't be disconnected and without my contacts, PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for all your support it is really valuable.

Gama
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
OzBBerry42
My Device: 8300

[ Edited ]

HI,

If you get the ETP Activation email (as above) to your email account then the problem lies on your BES.

There is nothing you personally can do to fix it.

Question:

Do you have an email alias?

(i.e.  for example when a single women (lady.jones@compamy.co) gets married and her name changes (lady.smith@company.com but email redirects to the lady.jones email address)? You will need to get your BES Admin to confirm that the email set up on the BES is the SMTP address of the email set in exchange and not an alias.

Alias's will not work.

(Note: This is only one possible issues, but is systematic of abigger BES issue.)

Message Edited by OzBBerry42 on 07-13-2009 09:42 AM
Message Edited by OzBBerry42 on 07-13-2009 09:43 AM

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
Please use plain text.
jakoby4204
My Device: Not Specified

Please use plain text.