Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jloe
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Exchange 2003 SP2

We're updating our Exchange environment to SP2 and our BES version is currently at 3.6.5.8. I heard that this version may not work properly. Does anyone know for sure and if so what version is supported. I found a couple posts that said 4.1 but I'd just like to be sure before I spend another $1000.

Thanks,

Jeremy Loe

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Exchange 2003 SP2

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/server_compatibility.jsp#tab_tab_compatibility

This is all I know.

Spend the 1000 if you can, RIM no longer supports your version.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jloe

Thank you knottyrope, Kudos to you! The compatiblity matrix only goes back to v4 though. Does anyone know for sure? I didn't budget this BES upgrade in. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

As of this posting, Exchange 2003 SP2 is supported with the following versions of BES:

BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 3.6 Service Pack 7
BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0 Service Pack 4 and later
BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jloe

Awesome, Thanks AndyDufresne! If anyone would like direct link to Service pack 7 for BES 3.6 here it is...

Service Pack 7 for BES 3.6

Thanks Everyone,

Jeremy Loe

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jloe

FYI, I found the KB article from Blackberry thats says that it will work.

http://blackberry-nl.com/index.php?topic=274.0;wap2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BlackBerry Enterprise Server support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2

Last Updated: 31 January 2006
Article Number: KB-04586
Summary

This article applies to the following:

* BlackBerry Enterprise Server®
    * Microsoft® Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2

Description

Research In Motion® currently does not support Service Pack 2 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 when it is applied on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. This applies to all existing versions of BlackBerry Enterprise Server. This Service Pack will be tested in a future release vehicle for BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 and later.

With respect to applying Service Pack 2 to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, Research In Motion is not aware of any limitations and as such will support this configuration. Please note that this will require BlackBerry Enterprise Server 3.6 Service Pack 7 or BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 Service Pack 3. For more information, see KB-04452.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Is - Effect of Outlook 2003 calendar change on the BlackBerry solution
Last Updated: 25 November 2005
Article Number: KB-04452

Summary
This article applies to the following:

BlackBerry Enterprise Server® 3.6 and 4.0
BlackBerry® wireless devices
Microsoft® Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 and later
Microsoft Outlook® 2003 Service Pack 2 and later
SDR48622

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Background
Due to an issue with disappearing meetings when cached mode is enabled in Outlook 2003, Microsoft has developed a new design for handling meetings. The new code will be released in Outlook 2003 Service Pack 2 and in Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2.

Currently, Outlook handles meetings in the following way:

A meeting invitation is received.
Outlook creates a tentative meeting.
Invitee accepts the meeting invitation.
Outlook updates the meeting with an Accepted status.
The BlackBerry Enterprise Server then updates the meeting status on the BlackBerry device.

However, after the invitee accepts the invitation in Microsoft’s new design, the original meeting is deleted and replaced with the meeting acceptance and a new Entry ID. This affects how BlackBerry integrates with Outlook because the BlackBerry Enterprise Server recognizes calendar items with different Entry IDs as separate events, even if the contents are identical. Thus, duplicate meetings will appear on the device: a deleted meeting, followed by a new meeting.

This behavior is addressed in BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 Service Pack 3. For BlackBerry Enterprise Server 3.6, this issue will be addressed in Service Pack 7.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Information
For more information on this issue, refer to Microsoft Support Knowledge Base article 899919.

NOTE the Microsoft KB number above, which you can publically access

Please use plain text.