Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
cniwagaba
My Device: Not Specified

Exchange 2007 Direct Push Technology.

I have just joined today but I can't believe how much time I have been wasting before struggling with unanswered Questions. Now I get to have the entire community willing to share their knowledge.

Well, my organization is migrating from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2007. 

With this Direct Push Technology in Exchange 2007, I am beginning to realize there might be competition between BlackBerry users and other Users.

I am not against Competition but I was looking forward to having more BlackBerry users.

Should I be worried? 

Thanks.

Cathy 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Exchange 2007 Direct Push Technology.

50% BB users

25% windows mobile

25% iPhones

It all behaves so far, I am not worried by it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cniwagaba

Thanks,

In your experience what is the most outstanding feature for BlackBerry users over the other technologies? 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Simple break down, not everything is covered:

BES has more features you can lock down and control, push apps, easy to activate and wipe.

Windows mobile you can remote wipe and control passwords unless you get the manegment servers(big headache) that can do more with it. Activation is not too bad after you import the cert.

iPhone has a few tools but not much you can control, activation is awkward with its config file. I currently use a gmail account to do this.

Friday iPhone 2.1 should fix the password flaw.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Developer
kerseyr
My Device: 8900

BlackBerry & the BES solution for corporate mail and management far better than anything out there at the moment.

Microsoft have started to make in roads into the market with the Mobile Device Manager software but 4 servers to get it up and running seems a headache. I'm guessing it will make changes to AD schemas on install as well.

iPhone, cool device looks the business but is consumer focused right now. Needs some development work to create a enterpriser server to manage users. Apple have opened up the APIs with the release of the SDK so wait and see what happens.

RIM have some serious competition but hey that has to be good for the end user as it will keep them on their toes.

For enterprise level device and enterprise management BES all the way.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

competition?  huh?  is there a fight?  does someone need to be the best?  Are you looking purely from a job security perspective?

Use whichever works better for your organization.  Some cases it is BES, some it is not.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cniwagaba

Thanks all for your posts,

This isn't about job security.

Am just trying to obtain information so I can put all available solutions on table and advise users basing on facts. 

Am really glad I could get this here.

Cathy 

Please use plain text.