Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Korbyn
My Device: Not Specified

Exchange 2010 Support

Just wondering if RIM is currently working on, or has an expected time frame to being functional with an Exchange 2010 server?  I haven't heard anything positive in the rumor mills, and I have a number of customers asking me about Exchange 2010 and how soon will they be able to get it, and I have to ask them if they have blackberry's... which is really a stupid question cause everyone currently does.  But, RIM support for E2007 was a long time after release, and only because of the MAPICDO installation program release by MS, which my understanding, they won't be doing that this time round.

I thought with the eventual release of 5.0 that they change how BES talked to Exchange, but alas, they did not.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: Exchange 2010 Support

Given that there have been no announcements I doubt anyone here is going tro be able to give you an answer.

If I were to guess, it will work when released... the only concern is how everything will filter through a CAS as with previous versions you communicated directly with a mailbox server.  I wonder how failovers within a DAG will get handled ... how threading will operate ... etc.

Maybe we'll see web services eventually ... who knows.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Korbyn

I was hoping that with 5.0 that they would have been making the switch over to Web Services and off CDO. They beta 5.0 for the last 2 years, I mistakingly thought that was what they were doing. 

My concern again is that they took their sweet time after 2007 came out, and I just hope they don't drop the ball again.  I'm surprise MS isn't on them more.  Sure, powershell was a pain in the butt and people hesitated to move to 2007, but people are getting used to it, now its there for SQL 2008, and with E2003's retirement, many will need to move, and they'll skip 2007 if they can.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leewalton

I just finished writing an overview of how to do this if you're interested. Just send me a request to lee at ncapconsulting dot com.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

leewalton wrote:
I just finished writing an overview of how to do this if you're interested. Just send me a request to

Overview is nice, but the admins here want a supported solution.

Best to wait for RIM to issue a KB on it so it will be supported.

Message Edited by knottyrope on 10-07-2009 01:23 PM

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leewalton

It is a supported solution, as it leverages Exchange 2007 coexistence as the basis.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

So can you show us it or are you peddling it?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leewalton

I had to go back and check my original message. So what we have here is a failure to comprehend.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

leewalton wrote:
I had to go back and check my original message. So what we have here is a failure to comprehend.

What do you knot comprehend? My question was simple.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

[ Edited ]

Read the paper. It shows how to use 2007 in a 2010 environment.

I dont see the full 2010 support.

snip

Our Solution
With all of these requirements, and issues, we came up with a very simple solution; we would deploy Exchange 2007 in a new Windows Server 2008 Active Directory forest. This would require deploy both a Client Access Server and a Mailbox Server based on Exchange 2007. The reason we had to deploy the Client Access Server even though we only need a Mailbox Server for BES integration is because the first Exchange 2007 server in a new Exchange organization must be a Client Access Server. Once the Exchange 2007 server is deployed, we would then deploy BES. Only after we have our Exchange 2007 “environment” implemented, would we begin deployment of Exchange 2010. First we would install a Windows Server 2008 R2 server as the operating system for our first Exchange 2010 server, which would need to be a Client Access Server, just like Exchange 2007. We would then install the Exchange 2010 Client Access Server, and the subsequent roles of Exchange 2010, based on our individual design specifications. Using this methodology, we are able to provide Blackberry access via BES to our Exchange 2010 environment.

Message Edited by knottyrope on 10-07-2009 02:42 PM

Please use plain text.