Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
coreygilmore
My Device: Not Specified

Format for importing custom IT Policy Rules

Is anyone aware of any documentation for importing custom IT Policy rules?  It's just SQL, but column names seem to change between major BES versions (3, 4, 5) so you have to write custom code for each.

I'm curious what numerical values corresond to what 'type' of field.  -1 seems to be a group (eg, Security).  1-6 are going to be boolean, text, integer, etc.  None of that is documented though, nor are the valid values for tags and subtags.  I don't want to write something that might be clobbered by a future RIM policy update since user defined rules are mixed with RIM defined rules.

Are people not supposed to create custom IT Policy rulesets (not IT Policies, but custom rules) for import?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Brodie
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Re: Format for importing custom IT Policy Rules

Hi coreygilmore,

The following article describes how to import IT Policy rules for BlackBerry App World as an example, and provides an attachment which you can use as an example as well:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17809

Thank you!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers!
Please use plain text.