Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Groupwise address book syncing issues

On our BES server we have about 100 users 50% of them syncing the address book with Groupwise and have the address book shared with staff members that update the book regularly.  For months we have been getting calls about entires made into Groupwise never sync with the phone. We contacts Blackberry support and they suggested upgrading the server to 4.1.6.13 to use with Groupwise 7.0.2.  We did that and have used the hidden menu of RSET to erase and reload the address book from BES.  This only works for a week and then its back to not being able to syncing again.  The only forum that I found that fixes this solution was this one : http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-admin-corner/69417-gwcheckpa-address-book-sync.html

But what I actually ended up doing was going onto the server adn from the explorer view selected servers, then groupwise on the right and under Service Control & Configuration selected Restart Blackberry Enterprise Server".  And this has been working for users for weeks. We restart daily I hope this gives BB a heads up on a fix.