Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

Growth of BlackBerry configuration database

Hi,

I found this info on the net and was wondering if someone could expand on it:

The following are the estimated growth rates that can be expected for the BlackBerry Configuration Database:  

•The database is initially set to 100MB and grows in 25MB increments.  

•The transaction logs for the database have the initial size of 25MB and grow in 5MB increments.  

•It is estimated that each BlackBerry device user will take no more than 1MB of database space; however this number may vary due to the environment and the BlackBerry Smartphone user.

I am interested in finding out how and when this incremental growth happens. This is not clear...

Thanks

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! Smiley Happy
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Growth of BlackBerry configuration database

is about 3 meg per user on mine running for over 5 years

BES 4.1.7

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

So instead of 1mb, it's 3mb and that's on 4.1? I wonder what it is on 5.0.x

What about the incremental growth? How and when does that happen? any idea?

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! Smiley Happy
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

it is a SQL function so it will not increas by lets say 4 k as it would be extra work everytime the database grows a bit.

It wont grow unless it needs to, like adding in more users will need more space for the backup info

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V