Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How do I sync email from inbox to BB device??

[ Edited ]

Every time I wipe out my device or user get a new BB Device, I dont see any old email at the inbox copy to BB device.

Under BES server option, I  changed "Prepopulation By Message Age" to 14 and "Prepopulation By Message Count" to 750, but still dont get any email at my BB Curve.

In other words, I want to see email from last few days or weeks when I set up BB curve at the very first time.

Anyone know why??

Message Edited by requiem1114 on 12-26-2008 02:21 AM
Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Re: How do I sync email from inbox to BB device??

Prepopulation only happens on the initial sync of a BES account.  After that, the BES tracks what messages have already been sent to the device and will never send them again.

If you delete the BES account, and then re-create it, you will get the prepoulation email as prescribed.  HOWEVER, you loose all other information that has been backed up on the account - like Browser Bookmarks and settings.

In the Technical Solutions Center, KB Article KB04713 has a registry hack for the BES Server that will allow prepopulation to occur when a device has been wiped.  I've never tried it, but it sounds like what you're looking for.

Jerry