Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: I have 2 8330's that cannot send emails

Yeah I read that Knot, but i've only really seen that with groupwise, figured maybe he has a multi platform mail enviroment or something.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

No groupwise just plain Exchange 2003 SP2.
Contributor

knottyrope

I checked the information in the first link that you sent and I found that the BES send as permissions had been removed from one of the affect users after a recent MS update.  However re-adding the permissions has not solved the issue.

I have spoken with MS and they will email a link to the hotfix either today or tomorrow, I hope.  I spoke with them on Friday, late in the afternoon.   If that does not work I am not sure what to try next.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907434

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Are they in a protected group?

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04707&slic...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

No the affected users are not members of any protected group.  I just checked again to make sure.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

let us know after MS sends the fix if it did anything

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

MS has not sent the update so I have been bugging them to get it sent to me.

In the meantime I used adsiedit to take a careful look at the user permission of the two users that are affected.  I found there were conflicting Send As permissions for the besadmin account deep in the OU.  I am using one user as a test case and I reset her Send As permissions to allow for besadmin.

Funny thing she can send now but she cannot receive.  The phone and text work just fine but no receiving of email.

Any thoughts?

Guru III
My Device:

reset all the BES permissions for that user

Contributor

I did reset all of her BES permissions.  No dice...