Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

IT Policy received vs. applied successfully

Hi,

On our company's BES manager I notice most users have IT Policy status "Applied successfully".  However,  a few users have "Received" as a status for the same IT Policy.  That "Received" status has remained for several hours.

What actions are necessary to get the IT Policy to apply successfully?  What are the ramifications of the status remaining Received versus Applied Successfully?  One user, in particular, I have pushed the MDS runtime out to (via a software configuration).  The MDS runtime appears in his Applications, but his device does not appear in the Devices Registered list.  Another user with the same model, device software, etc, I successfully pushed MDS and his device seems to have MDS activated automatically, as his device appears in the Devices Registered.  The only difference I can see between these two users is that the one who is in Received status for the IT Policy is the one not showing in the MDS Devices Registered.  So, I assume the IT Policy lack of being applied successfully may be holding up the MDS activation/device registration.  My apologies if I am mixing up two different topics in this posting.  Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thank you,

Greg B.

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: IT Policy received vs. applied successfully

You're mashing two different topics here slightly.

Regarding IT Policy: Received versus Applied Successfully ...

Received means that the device has acknowledged receipt of the new IT Policy, but has NOT confirmed that it has been successfully applied.

Applied Successfully confirms that indeed the IT Policy currently assigned to it has been successfully applied.

Is the user who has a status of received currently in coverage?

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Developer

Hi, Andy,

Thanks for your reply.  What's the best way to determine if a user is in coverage?  Send them a message, I assume?

Greg

Forums Veteran II

Other than using the OutOfCoverage.exe BlackBerry Resource Kit tool to go through the BES logs; I would say the best is to send a PIN to PIN message; from your BlackBerry handheld.

Developer

Thanks, again, Andy.  I will send a pin to pin message, as well as confer with users directly.  If their IT Policy doesn't apply successfully by tomorrow I will update this post.

In the meantime, I will re-post my MDS activation/ device registration as a separate topic.

As you mentioned OutOfCoverage.exe BlackBerry Resource Kit tool to go through the BES logs -- can you tell me where I can find documentation on using such resource kit?  I have skimmed through the BES logs manually several times in this incident and others and never could make too much sense of them.  A resource tool to interpret BES logs would be very useful.

Thanks,

Greg

Highlighted
Forums Veteran II

BlackBerry Resource Kit

^^ Save that link; results for that link come up with a google search for BlackBerry BRK

Developer

Thanks, Andy.

Greg