Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
Accepted Solution

Identifying and troubleshooting enterprise activation issues

When troubleshooting Activation on Blackberry Enterprise Servers, its best to look up the Blackberry Technical Solutions Centre. There is reference Articles/ knowledge Base articles (KB's) in relation to pretty much anything.

They are available at www.blackberry.com/btsc

In the search field, type the issue your having, or reference article.

In this case KB13852 - Identifying and troubleshooting enterprise activation issues.

Details

The following table lists BlackBerry Knowledge Base articles that discuss errors that can occur during the wireless enterprise activation process.

Note: For an overview of the wireless enterprise activation process, its stages, and the role of the ETP.DAT activation message, see KB13850.

Enterprise activation stage Knowledge base articles

Stage 1 - Activation

The BlackBerry smartphone generates an ETP.DAT message and sends it over the wireless network to the BlackBerry smartphone user's mailbox.

Please contact your system administrator error

• KB13458 - BlackBerry smartphone continually shows Activating or Retrying during enterprise activation process
  • KB13468 - Server is not responding or an error has occurred

Enterprise activation process stops at Activating or Retrying status

• KB13840 - Enterprise activation process stops responding at Activating stage
  • KB13841 - Enterprise activation process stops at Activating or Retrying status

User not started error

• KB10321 - OpenDatabase() failed. User not started
  • KB13842 - User <BlackBerry_smartphone_user_name> not started

Stage 2 - Verifying encryption

The BlackBerry Messaging Agent generates a new permanent encryption key and sends it to the BlackBerry smartphone.

Contact service administrator error

• KB13843 - Activation error: Contact Service Administrator

Stage 3 - Receiving services

The BlackBerry Policy Service receives a request to generate service books and then sends out an IT policy update to the BlackBerry smartphone.

IT Policy Rejected error

Enterprise activation process stops at Waiting for services status

• KB03410 - Wireless enterprise activation stops responding
  • KB04327 - BlackBerry smartphone stops responding at Waiting for Services stage
  • KB04982 - Please Contact Your System Administrator error appears during enterprise activation process
  • KB10328 - Enterprise activation process stops responding
  • KB10798 - Enterprise activation process stops responding at Waiting for Services

Stage 4 - Slow synchronization

The BlackBerry smartphone can now send and receive messages. If wireless organizer data synchronization and wireless backup are configured, the appropriate organizer data are sent to the BlackBerry smartphone.

Enterprise activation process stops at 0%

• KB03964 - Enterprise activation process stops at 0% of the slow synchronization process

Slow synchronization process stops stops responding at Initializing stage

• KB13847 - Slow synchronization process does not start
  • KB13849 - Messages are delivered although the enterprise activation process is incomplete

Enterprise activation process stops during slow synchronization stage

• KB13461 - Enterprise activation process stops during the slow synchronization process

Hope that helps..

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
FaceMan

Re: Identifying and troubleshooting enterprise activation issues

Great Post! This should be a sticky :-)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
anmol
My Carrier: Vodafone

These links are of real help.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie

How can I make it a sticky?
***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Lagniappe

I am a new 8310 owner and am attempting to interface with my companies BB enterprise server.  While our I.T. section figures out the activation issues, I have a question.  Is my Blackberry personal service through AT&T sufficient to interface with the server or do I need another upgrade? - Thanks
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher

To access a BES server you must have a BES data plan. The BIS plan you have now wont work.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pinjo

I'm a big fan of the below diagram that walks through the whole Activation Process on the device, the BES and the Blackberry Infrastructure:

Enterprise Activation Process

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PryBachTew

Thanks, these tips saved me a lot of work today, the Enterprise Activation failing on Waiting for Services was particularly useful.

Saved me hours of work, I hate having to cable activate devices, wireless activation is so much easier!

Turned out that whoever installed our last patch set-up the BES services under their own id rather than Local Service, so when their password expired the BES stopped working.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh

[ Edited ]

ETP message not disappearing from users mailbox and activation on device not mocing forward.

If you are running 4.1 BES, enable static agent for BB user and try EA again.

Enable Static Mailbox Agent

Also if number of BES users are low (around 40-50) and restart of services is an option; restart the BlackBerry Controller Srevice and try EA again.

Message Edited by BBsingh on 10-04-2008 11:30 AM
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raf2016

has anyone else had this problem w/ BES and internet?

activated my BES - email and wi-fi work great but internet won't work "Unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service, please try again later.  If the problem persists please contact your administrator."

so i download OS v4.6.0.167 platform 4.0.0.157 and voila - internet works like a charm!  Unfortunately my BES was knocked out, but no problem - I call IT and we reactive my BES.  Now email works but internet is gone and I get the same error message.

Is there a setting I need to tweak or is there a problem on our IT side?

HHHHEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Please use plain text.