Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

We are looking at going the way of the Blackberry , with 8 units as we are a small company, but I cannot find a solid answer as to whether or not we can install the Enterprise Server on our 2003 Exchange Server box? Do the two cohabitate nicely? Should we use the full solution or the express? We do have a seperate SQL Server as well.

Thank you.

Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Installation

While its not recommended to have your BES on the same server as Exchange it can be done. With just 8 units you should be fine if you have the available overhead on your current server. You dont have to have a seperate SQL server. With your size you could use a local instance of MSDE.
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Installation

Take a look at BlackBerry Professional Software.

You're limited to the total number of users you can load on it (30), but it is installable and 100% supported when installed on an Exchange Server.  You don't get the full functionality of a BES, but you can still push applications to devices ... and get full sync and IT policy management.

I think its a great solution for something like you have.

Check out the online installation guide.

If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.