Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
syedraja
My Device: 8520

Issue sending mails from blackberry (delivery failure)

Hello All,
We have a strange issue for only one user (abc@mydomain.com).
abc@mydomain.com is having many personal contacts in lotus notes address book.
[Example: Richard Smith(rsmith@hotmail.com)]

When she tried to sent mail to rsmith@hotmail.com from bb, she can be able to send without any issues..
When she receives the reply from Richard, she is having the mail header information as Richard Smith [rsmith@hotmail.com]
So, when she is responding back, the blackberry is picking up 'Richard smith' alone, and she is getting the delivery failure like "Richard Smith (Richard smith@mydomain.com)not listed in Domino Directory".
Not sure from where it is picking up the square bracket for Internet mail id? [ ]

Kindly Help..

Regards..

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Issue sending mails from blackberry (delivery failure)

chech the users contacts to see if a all address for that name are correct

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V