Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

KB03915 - Move a BlackBerry user between two BES that do not share the same database

Every time I see this KB article updated I get really excited about some supported way to actually do this ... alas, that is not the case, but for those that always find themselves in this position:

KB03915 - Move a BlackBerry smartphone user between two BlackBerry Enterprise Servers that do not sh...

Procedure

To move a BlackBerry smartphone user from one BlackBerry Enterprise Server to another that does not share the same database, all data and applications must be deleted from the BlackBerry smartphone. Deleting all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone removes the IT policy connections to the first BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

For more information, see the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Administration Guide.

Warning: The following procedures will delete either all data, or all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data prior to performing the procedure. For instructions, see KB12487.

To move a BlackBerry smartphone user from one BlackBerry Enterprise Server to another, complete the following steps:

1. Remove the BlackBerry smartphone user from the current BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
  2. Delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone. For more information, see KB14058.
  3. On the BlackBerry smartphone, turn off the wireless radio.
  4. Add the BlackBerry smartphone user to the new BlackBerry Enterprise Server. For more information, see the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Administration Guide.
  5. Restore the backed up information to the BlackBerry smartphone. For more information, see KB13428.
  6. Initiate the enterprise activation process. For more information, see KB03674.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/