Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

KB15973 - Prerequisites to use S/MIME on a BlackBerry smartphone activated on a BES

I've been working with a few customers recently to get S/MIME implemented in their environment ... how nice of RIM to put together a KB article to help me out.  Hopefully I'm not the only one that appreciates this one ...

KB15973 - Prerequisites to use S/MIME on a BlackBerry smartphone activated on a BlackBerry Enterpris...

To use S/MIME on a BlackBerry smartphone activated on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, the following items are required:

1. BlackBerry smartphone
    • Install the S/MIME Support Package for BlackBerry® smartphones
    • Configure a personal certificate to sign and encrypt email messages. Install this certificate on the BlackBerry smartphone by using any of the methods described in KB13355. If the certificate is located on a BlackBerry® Smart Card Reader, follow the instructions in KB13403.
    • If using a BlackBerry Smart Card Reader, the same version of the BlackBerry Smart Card Reader software must be installed on both the BlackBerry smartphone and the BlackBerry Smart Card Reader using the Application Loader tool in BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
  2. BlackBerry Desktop Manager (optional)
    • Install BlackBerry Desktop Manager with Certificate Synchronization. For more information, see KB16236.
  3. BlackBerry Enterprise Server

For BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1.x, complete the following steps:

1. Open BlackBerry Manager.
    2. Click on the icon for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
    3. Click the Server Configuration tab at the top of the screen.
    4. Click Edit Properties on the right side of the screen.
    5. In the new window, click Messaging.
    6. Scroll down to the section titled Secure Messages.
    7. Set Enable S/MIME Message Processing to True. This allows S/MIME messages to be processed by the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

For BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0.x, complete the following steps:

1. Open BlackBerry Manager.
    2. Right-click the icon for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
    3. In the new window, click the Message Options tab.
    4. Scroll down to the section titled Encrypted messages.
    5. Make sure that the Support S/MIME encrypted messages on this server option is selected. This allows S/MIME email messages to be processed by the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/