Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

KB16159 - Import and use a third-party signed certificate with BlackBerry MDS Integration Service

KB16159 - How to import and use a third-party signed certificate with BlackBerry MDS Integration Ser...

Hah, sweet.  I actually worked with TSupport to get this KB Article created.  The FreeSSL reference in the KB Article is because I used a cert signed from www.freessl.com.

See, it actually pays to call up and have TSupport.

So what's the whole reason to do this?  So you don't get the SSL warning / error when trying to manage MDS-IS.  Sure you can import the built-in cert onto each management workstation, but this lets you get around that requirement.

Thanks again to our account manager and support team for getting this one posted!

woot!

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: KB16159 -

*Bows to the master*

Kudos to you, Mr. Dufresne!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.