Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

MAPI CDO Errors

Hi Everyone

I upgraded our BES with the latest MAPI CDO 1.2.1 files because we were having some Calendar issues. The upgrade seemed to go well.

I just used the BRK tool MAPI CDO Errors on the logs with this command:

MapiCdoErrors -p e -u all -l C:\LOGS

I get entries for some users as below:

[40405] (02/07 07:34:46.121):{0xFC0} {user1@domain.com} MAPIMailbox::HandleObjectModifiedNotification - OpenEntry (0x8004010f) failed

[30147] (02/07 01:38:06.338):{0x159C} {user2@domain.com} MAPIMailbox::RefIDtoEntryID - FindRow (0x8004010f) failed

There are multiple entries for as above, only for those two users.

I assume [4045] and [30147] are error codes that refer to something - but is there a website where I can find out what?

Secondly, does anyone know what the entries above actually mean? :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900

Re: MAPI CDO Errors

Hi,

Here's the KB that explains the two error message that you have.

MAPIMailbox::HandleObjectModifiedNotification - OpenEntry (0x8004010f) failed > KB03886

MAPIMailbox::RefIDtoEntryID - FindRow (0x8004010f) failed > KB14458

This messages are normal and indicates that the mail/calendar entry was hard deleted in Outlook before any update can be delivered to the device.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Good links.

Also OP can search here too.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/microsite.do

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: 9700

The log lines indicate mapi error --> 0x8004010f  mapi e not found .It appears the entry could not be located due to either it was updated or deleted before we could reconcile.

The list of Mapi error codes appears in Microsoft website. However they are pretty generic.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900

updated calendar items will still be detected by BES and will create a child reference ID for the updated entry.

deleted items (items that are on your deleted items folder maibox) will be picked up by BES and it will queue it for deletion on the handheld.

Hard deleted (shift+delete) or items moved to a PST file will not be detected by BES by default which generates the log lines above and this will not reconcile unless hard delete reconcile is enabled on BES.

Here's how to enable hard delete reconcile in BES. > KB04853