Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
Sheen
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

MAPI CDO definition

Hi

I understand that with Exchange 2007, we need to install MAPI CDO files on the BES servers.

I've read various articles around this, but still can't seem to get my head around the concept.

Am I right in thinking that the MAPI CDO files are basically so that BES and Exchange can communicate via MAPI? Since BES is essentially a MAPI application, these files allow MAPI-Exchange connectivity?

And the reason we need these now is that with Exchange 2003 and before, these files were part of the Management Tools install?

Any ideas? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: MAPI CDO definition

in the past with 2000 and 2003 exchange you had to install the ESM for BES.

with 2007 there is no ESM, and you use CDO 1.2.1 instead.

Download  CDO 1.2.1

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94274318-27c4-4d8d-9bc5-3e6484286b1f&Displa...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Sheen
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks...

But I was wondering more about exactly what the files did and why they were needed with Exchange 2007 but not with 2000/2003?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Please use plain text.