Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Alain_D
My Device: Don't have yet
Accepted Solution

MAPI Profile - ExchangeGUID 2013

Hello,

I'm currently stuck with MAPI Profile.

Here's the situation. We have an Exchange 2010 (2 CAS + 2 Mbx servers). All mailboxes actually.

We have two new Exchange 2013 server (CAS array) on Windows 2012. We plan to migrate 2010 mailboxes to 2013.

We want to deploy a Blackberry server for users that will be on Exchange 2013 only. There was no BES before.

I'am currrently configuring this new BES (BES 5.0.4 MR7), All-in-One server with SQL Express on Windows 2008 R2 Sp1

- MAPI/CDO 1.2.1 (latest version)

- BES account has its 2013 mailbox 

- Permissions configured as per KB02276

- Configured for No Public Folder

- Installation of BES 5.0.4 done + MR7

- BES Web Administration Service is working

- All BES services are running

I'm actually following KB33413. But, in task 6, when I try to put the ExchangeGUID as the Exchange server name, it says "the name could not be resolved". The Exchange 2010 server name (cas array) is accepted.

If I run IEMSTest, it returns : OpenMsgStore() for this profile failed (8004011d)

In the MAGT lof file, I see some errors like :
- Failed to read 001e6602 reg value from the BlackBerry MAPI profile
- BlackBerry Agent 1 failed to start. Error code 5305

KB20157 is not commpleted yet.

Most of posts I've read redirect me to KB33413.
What am I doiing wrong ? Could you help me ?
I'm new to BES and not the Exchange administrator....

Thanks, Alain

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: MAPI Profile - ExchangeGUID 2013

have you restarted the message store? sometimes its needed to kick off the permissions.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
Alain_D

Yes, both servers 2013 have been restarted.

Do you know how name resolution works for ExchangeGUID for BESProfile or IEMTest ?

Alain

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

are you using a load balancer?

Configuration settings for F5 load balancer to allow BlackBerry Enterprise Server to communicate wit...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Maria25
My Device: 9300

[ Edited ]

Hello Alain!!

I really hope this can help you:

Usually when you get the error ( OpenMsgStore() for this profile failed (8004011d)) it might be related to a permissions problem. Make sure you have all permissions set for your  Bes admin in Exchange 2013:
Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02276

Unable to edit MAPI profile in Microsoft Exchange 2013 KB34416

Link address: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34416

Regards, 

New Contributor
Alain_D

Hi,

I've checked one more time permissions for the BES service account according to KB02276 and all is ok.

I had already put the CAS array address in the hosts file.

Also, my RPCHTTPProxyMap_BES entry is like that  : domain.com=https://outlook.domain.com;domain2.com=https://outlook.domain.com

Do you know how name resolution works for ExchangeGUID for BESProfile or IEMTest ?

Any order idea ?

Thanks,

Alain

New Contributor
Alain_D

[ Edited ]

I've started over.

Uninstall BES, Delete DB

Here some information about our two Exchange environnements.

For Exchange 2010, a record like mail.domain.com is already defined in DNS and points to CAS Array 2010.

For Exchange 2013, a entry is defined in the hosts file on the BES server and points to CAS Array 2013 (NLB). It uses the same name as the CAS Array 2010 (mail.domain.com).

Then re-install BES.

I was stucked during the installation in the MAPI profile area.

I've tried different names for the Exchange server name. No one passed.

Maybe, it is when I change registry entry for RPCHTTPProxyMap_BES that suddently it has worked.

RPCHTTPProxyMap_BES format is like :  *=https://mail.domain.com,ntlm,ntlm,true

For the server name, I put a DC (that is also a GC) and do not press the Check Name button.

But I am not sure that this made the difference.

Restarted BES Server.

No more event id (for the moment) in the Application Event Log saying "MailboxManager::TestOpenMsgStore - OpenMsgStore (0x8004011d)" and "BlackBerry Messaging Agent xx Agent 1 failed to start. Error code 5305".

There is no MAGT log file !! Normal ?

But, now, I still have an issue with IEMSTest.exe.

It still gives me "OpenMsgStore() for this profile failed (8004011d)" as before.

Is it normal with this Exchange situation ? Can I go ahead with the rest of configuration ?

Any other idea ?

Thanks,

Alain

New Contributor
Alain_D

Here are some news.

Following some changes in the Exchange infra, the Exchange 2013 CAS Array is now defined in DNS (replacing the CAS array for Exchange 2010).

I still have the Exchange 2013 CAS Array defined in hosts file on BES.

Now, I have re-created the BES profile and it works with the ExchangeGUID. This is for the good news :-)

But, still the same error when I launch IEMSTest.exe ("OpenMsgStore() for this profile failed (8004011d))"

and still no MAGT log file.

How to debug ??

Alain

New Contributor
Alain_D

Hi,

I will restart over once more.

I will open a new post for the error "OpenMsgStore() for this profile failed (8004011d)" with IEMSTest.

As the initial problem (ExchangeGUID not resolved) is solved, I close this one.

Thanks All.

Alain