Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: MDS Admin User/Password

After many hours of support debugging, we found that the issue was in the BESMgmt database, the user name there didn't match the username in MDSS. Making them (and the passwords) the same fixed the problem.

Highlighted
Contributor

Can post more information on this please.  I think I have the same issue but I dont know what username in the BESMgmt to change.  Please post more details.

Thanks! 

Contributor

Ok we figured it out.

Just to clearify for other users:

The password in the BESMgmt database -- Table dbo.MDSAGConfig -- Column WSAdminPassword didnt match what I typed in when I installed the MDS Service.  This field is plain text, so I went in using SQL Server Management Studio and modified the text to exactly what I typed in when I installed it.  After this update I restarted the MDS Service(s)(or reboot the server) and it worked! 

Thanks guys!! 

Contributor

I can get to the point where I see the WSAdminUsername and WSAdminPassword Columns how do I actually change the values that are associated with those.  I am using SQL 2005 Management Studio.  Please go step by step for me, I am not a DBA.  It looks like I can only edit the column properties how do you actually change the column's value, be specific.  

Developer

My table dbo.MDSAGConfig don't have users.

How I create this users?

Please help me!

In fact, i've been able to fix this by taking text password in BESMgmt.MDASAGConfig table and putting sha1 hash of it in mdss.USERS.

Visitor
My Device: Storm2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

I was also finally able to figure this out and get it working by following this post and a few others.  Please forgive me if I repeat information that's already been posted in this thread... I figured it'd be best to list all the steps I went through to get this working.  Here's what I ended up doing:

1. Followed "Resolution 1" in RIM KB05539 to regenerate the FQDN in the Tomcat keystore.

2. Followed "Resolution 1" in RIM KB10708 and set the <BlackBerry_Enterprise_Server_name> portion of the ImagePath registry key to the BES computer name only, NOT the FQDN of the machine.

3. Followed steps listed in RIM KB16272 to verify and update the MDS admin password.  If you're using SQL 2005 you can use the HashBytes function in SQL to convert the password to SHA1

Copy the result into the statement from the KB article to update your password.  Be sure to leave off the "0x" result:

SELECT HashBytes('SHA1', 'your_password');
GO

4. Opened the MDSAGConfig table in the BESMgmt database and updated/verified the WSAdminPassword field for the "admin" account.  As stated previously, the password is stored in clear text and can be typed directly into the field.

5. Restarted the MDS Connection and MDS Integration services

6. Opened the BlackBerry Manager console as the BES service account

7. Followed steps listed in RIM KB10336 to reinstall the SSL certificate.  After the certificate was in, logged in with the admin account and password shown in the MDSAGConfig table from the BESMgmt database.

After all that, everything is working great.

Hope that helps.