Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
markj363
My Device: Not Specified

MDS Integration Service Not Running

Hi all I just updated by BES for Groupwise server to 4.1.6 mr2 and the mds integration service will not stay running. The only thing of note i see in the MDAT log is "keystore was tampered with or password is incorrect". Where would i go about fixing this?

Mark

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

Re: MDS Integration Service Not Running

Nothing in the event viewer, or any other logs? also version of Groupwise.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
markj363

I dont see any events that actually state the mds integration service...i do see some errors from the sql server that say "sql server is not ready to accept new client connections; the connection has been closed" that error is repeated multiple times. I also am seeing gw connector errors "The description for Event ID ( 14048 ) in Source ( GWConnector ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details."

The GW version is 7.0.3

Mark

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
FaceMan

Can you paste the entire log line that you see in the MDAT file? Might give us some more info as to what is throwing that error.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
markj363

sure thing

<2009-01-13 02:17:54.968 MST>:[13]:<MDS-CS_BES-08927_MDS-CS_1>:<WARNG>:<LAYER = SCM, EVENT = PushServiceImpl(): net.rim.security.a.b: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect>

Is there any other log files i should be looking at for errors? I only stumbled onto this on by accident from a google search. That said i dont really want mds even installed so should i maybe just disable it and not worry about it or could it indicate underlying problems?

Thanks

Mark

Please use plain text.
Contributor
markj363

I am also seeing this under the event viewer

The description for Event ID ( 14048 ) in Source ( GWConnector ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details.

Please use plain text.
FaceMan

You Can disable MDS if you want. Just means that your users wont be able to browse the internet from their BlackBerry Browser. As to underlying problems, this should only be MDS related so it should'nt affect anything else.

I looked online and found this link

http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-admin-corner/87869-help-mds-service-not-working.html

Might be worth a shot. Let us know how it goes.

Face

Please use plain text.
Contributor
markj363

So just to be clear i need the mds intergration service for the brower on the BB's to work? I looked at the link and im not sure where in the manager to find that i can only see the mds and the mds-admin but they both are secure sites and have port 7443 listed.
Please use plain text.
FaceMan

I totally missed that. Looks like the link is for MDSS and not MDS-CS. I should pay more attention ...sorry for that. For now i would disable the MDS-CS service as that is the one that is throwing the error on startup. The MDS-CS is what allows users to browse using the blackberry browser.

Hopefully someone here can post a solution to it and I'll post as well if i come across and article with solution. Sorry about that.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
markj363

So at the risk of sounding like a total **bleep** what exactly is the mds, mds-admin and mds cs? what is really needed and what is not? On 4.1.4 I accidentally installed the mds-studio I think it was called and had similiar errors but in that case i fixed it by adding the port number to the url in the tomcat server.xml file but that file (and folder for that matter) seem to have disappeared in this update.
Please use plain text.