Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Entel
Accepted Solution

MailboxManager::TestOpenMsgStore - OpenMsgStore (0x8004011d) After Migration from Exchange 2003 to 2010

Hi All, 

Im getting an error "MailboxManager::TestOpenMsgStore - OpenMsgStore (0x8004011d)" after migrate from 2003 to 2010 and also an error when I try to run the command "Add-ADPermission –InheritedObjectType User –InheritanceType Descendents –ExtendedRights Send-As –User “BESAdmin” –Identity “CN=<common_name>,DC=<domain_1>,DC=<domain_2>,DC=<domain_3>”"

the error is "Active Directory operation failed on AD-Root.contoso.com. This error is not retriable. Additional information: Insufficient access rights
to perform the operation.
Active directory response: 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150BB9, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0"

I checked the permissions for BesAdmin account and I still get the same error.

In all I can think of is that the service account is the bes server is "administrator" (Administrative Tools > Services> Log On tab>This account> Administrator) and mailbox account is BESAdmin.
services need to be executed with the same BESAdmin account? and if so I have to change the service account?

Thanks in advance

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: MailboxManager::TestOpenMsgStore - OpenMsgStore (0x8004011d) After Migration from Exchange 2003 to 2010

New Contributor

Re: MailboxManager::TestOpenMsgStore - OpenMsgStore (0x8004011d) After Migration from Exchange 2003 to 2010

Thanks 

I will check into this, but in the meantime I believe my question is more basic. 

we used to have BES 4.1.7 and I migrate to 5.0.4 the account that was configured to run the windows services:

Blackberry Administration service-aplication service

Blackberry Attchment service knottyrope

etc

is named administrador. not Besadmin, could this be the cause of the failure when I try to set the send as permission?

I did try the IMSTest.exe and in there I cant find the administrador account

thanks in advance

Oscar

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

are you loogged onto BES as administrator or BESAdmin service account?

is it installed on the exchange server or a Domain controller?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I logon into BES with Administrator account, (also Windows) and BES it is installed  in a Member server Windows 2008 (not a DC neither the Exchange server)

Thanks !!!

Guru III
My Device:

oscar_lcm wrote:

I logon into BES with Administrator account, (also Windows) and BES it is installed  in a Member server Windows 2008 (not a DC neither the Exchange server)

Thanks !!!

ok thats why, you should be using the BESAdmin service account as the domain admin account wont work

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Thanks Man, I got confused becuase right now is working in that way in Exchange 2003, but everytime that I move the Besadmin mailbox I´ve got the error mentioned before. So in order to migrate to Exchange 2010 should I change the blackberry account following the below KB right?

KB04293 - How to switch BlackBerry Enterprise Server service accounts

thanks again !!

Guru III
My Device:

just follow this or you can make a new service account if you think you botched it

How to migrate the BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 from Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or 2007 to M...

New Contributor

I just want to update and say Thanks, because rightt after I recreate and I change the service account all works perfect.

Thanks a lot!!

Guru III
My Device:

[ Edited ]

your welcome, glad to see you are doing better

I also like to point out that all work on BES server should be done with the BESAdmin service account only.