Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
bluem
My Device: Not Specified

Migrate BES from Win2003 to another Win2003 Server

Hello,

Currently my company is running Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.1.4.15 on Win 2003 and would like to migrate to another Win 2003 server...is there a utility that can handle the migration? If not can someone please indicate the steps that are needed?

Thanks,

b

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
FaceMan

Re: Migrate BES from Win2003 to another Win2003 Server

Is the DB local or remote? Either way it sounds like a straight cut over. Here is the KB that should help you out.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10278&sliceId=1&docTy...

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
bbinmyhart
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

search for cutover migration....
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bluem

My plan is to move the Blackberry Enterprise Server to a new Virutal Server using Microsoft Virutalization. I can download a trial version of Acronis True Image Enterprise Server that allows me to backup my Blackberry Server than convert the back to a Virutal Server that I can attach to Microsoft Virtualization console as a server...this process takes about 10 minutes...but I was not sure if I need first to stop all blackberry services on the server to perform the back...etc.

Thanks,

b

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
FaceMan

I'm not sure how the Acronis True Image software works and how it handles runnind services but it sounds pretty similar to vmconverter which ive used a while back.  I would stop the BES services to be safe if its only 10 minutes.  Once the image is mounted you should be able to start the services but just make sure the services are not started on the original PC as it would be using the same SRP which would conflict with the image.

Please use plain text.