Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Migrating BES to a different box

We currently have BES 4.1.5 hosted on an SBS 2003. We are planning on hosting the BES on a different machine and is there any way I can get a documentation on the BES Migration Kit before buying it? Is it really necessary to use the kit or is there a way to migrate without it but with equally minimal downtime?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Migrating BES to a different box

[ Edited ]

You can do a knife edge cutover in about 30 min or less if prepped well. Also there is no cost doing it this way.

my notes whe I did it

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryEnterpriseSolution&thread.i...

Message Edited by knottyrope on 06-30-2009 10:32 AM

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll check that out and see if I can get the migration going. Is the BES Migration Kit free? We didnt purchase T-support for this client. 
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

It is not free.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

How do I get the migration kit if I dont have a support subscription?
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Beg ... that is about it.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Contributor

I called RIM sales. It seems you get the BES Migration Kit for free only if you have paid support. Otherwise you need to use the knife-edge cutover. Goodluck to me then. Thanks for your help. 
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

MerryBerry wrote:
I called RIM sales. It seems you get the BES Migration Kit for free only if you have paid support. Otherwise you need to use the knife-edge cutover. Goodluck to me then. Thanks for your help. 

Knife-edge is pretty and clean anyway ... all at once; done.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Guru III
My Device:

MerryBerry wrote:

Glad to have helped. Post back when finished with your knife edge.