Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
sdegroft
My Device: Not Specified

Migrating Users to new Blackberry Enterprise Server

We are in the process of migrating all our users from our old Blackberry Enterprise Server to a new Blackberrry Enterprise Server.  We have moved two users over to the new server.  We followed the steps outlined in KB03915, however, once the users were initiated they were unable to see / receive their old e-mail they had received from the old Blackberry Enterprise Server.  Any new e-mails come through fine and they are able to send e-mail no problem.  I'm assuming this has something to do with the option to remove the Blackberry infromation from the user's mailbox prompt we received when we deleted the user from the old server.  We chose No when we received that prompt with the first two users.  My question is two fold.  Is the reason they are unable to see old e-mails because we said NO, and what exactly gets deleted if you select yes to remove the Blackberry information for the users's mailbox?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Migrating Users to new Blackberry Enterprise Server

Answer inline
sdegroft wrote:

We are in the process of migrating all our users from our old Blackberry Enterprise Server to a new Blackberrry Enterprise Server.  We have moved two users over to the new server.  We followed the steps outlined in KB03915, however, once the users were initiated they were unable to see / receive their old e-mail they had received from the old Blackberry Enterprise Server.  Any new e-mails come through fine and they are able to send e-mail no problem.  I'm assuming this has something to do with the option to remove the Blackberry infromation from the user's mailbox prompt we received when we deleted the user from the old server.  We chose No when we received that prompt with the first two users.  My question is two fold.  Is the reason they are unable to see old e-mails because we said NO,

No

and what exactly gets deleted if you select yes to remove the Blackberry information for the users's mailbox?

It removes all backup info of the phone

Sorry with this type of move you do not get to keep all messages.

Change your prepopulation settings to get more old emails or sync with desktop manager after.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17737

You might be able to backup and restore item with DM, but I have no experience with it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V