Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
BEShcc
My Device: N/A

Migrating existing users from BES to existing separate BES Express server

We have 2 separate servers, a BES and a BES Express. They are not in the same Blackberry domain. In the BES I saw an option to move users to another BES and assume that to do this, the other BES would have to be in the same Blackberry domain. If this is the correct way to migrate users, how can I add the BES Express to the existing Blackberry Domain of the BES?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Migrating existing users from BES to existing separate BES Express server

[ Edited ]

if just goin from one BES to the other, its just simple to use transporter to move users over.

BES and BES Express can not use each others database. they are different.

no activations are needed and users hardly ever notice it happened, I did it earlier this year and worked out nicely.

its part of the BRK

http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/enterprise-server-resource-kit.html

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BEShcc
My Device: N/A

[ Edited ]

Your suggestion to use the Transporter from the resource kit was spot on. Thanks. But there is a new issue: our BES (source server) is using the 3DES encryption algorithm. Our BES Express (target server) is using 3DES and AES encryption algorithm. Is 3DES and AES encryption compatible with 3DES only so that we can simply be able to migrate users over without changing the encryption algorithm on one of them so that they both match? And also thereby avoid having to reactivate devices?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you can add AES to existing BES to use both methods

I did this before with no ill effects.

• Changing the BlackBerry Enterprise Server from Triple DES to Triple DES and AES encryption

Result: BlackBerry smartphone users are automatically updated to AES encryption (if the BlackBerry smartphone is capable of using AES encryption, if it is not, it will continue to use Triple DES).

How to change the encryption method on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.