Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
LeighMo
My Device: 9780

Migrating from Domino to Exchange (licensing)

Hi,

We will be migrating from Domino 8.5.1 to Exchange 2010, we currently have BES 5.0.3 with two BES servers (HA) and two Blackberry Routers. We will be running them in co-existence for around 7 - 8 months while we finish the migration.

I am trying to confirm licensing as the Blackberry store in Aus has been useless.

- Will I just need two BES licences for another HA option for Exchange (and can I get away with upgrade ones given we already have BES for Domino)

- Can these new BES for Exchange servers use the existing BES Routers or will I need to install new routers & get another SRP as well?

Any other potential issues people can give me a heads up on would be appreciated

Cheers

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Migrating from Domino to Exchange (licensing)

BES SRPs and CALs are carrier AND platform agnostic (does knot care)

you only need one SRP for a HA pair.

you can get a migration kit if on T support which will allow you to use old SRP for 90 days and you get a new SRP whcih stays permanant. Talk with your RIM rep, they might be able to extend the time in some cases.

I am not sure about the Routers, might be best just to go with new ones seup up correctly.

you might want to look at b nator, they can help with migration with out wiping each device. It is not free though.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V