Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Developer
lund
My Device: 9900 + 32 GB PB

Re: Migrating from Exchange 2003 to 2010

[ Edited ]

OK so things have not been working so smoothly as I had hoped after all..

After trying with my own mailbox and a couple of other 'superusers' and resolving the one-way calendar sync, everything seemed to work perfect.

So after doing extensive testing with all kinds of syncing to-from the devices we started migrating users from the old exchange on friday .. now the strange part started when 3 out of 10 BB users had different issues.

One could not send mail, but recive - another had 90% of his inbox cleared out overnight (but it looks OK in Outlook) etc etc..

After troubleshooting for a while, and googling for hours - I decided to restart the Controller service, it worked perfectly .. for about one hour everyone was back on with full sync ... now however, things have come to a complete halt again and there is no sync whatsoever in any direction :smileysad:

I'm doing my best to try and find the root cause but its getting somewhat complicated herer.. I found the following error message in the ALRT log:

[30000] (11/27 00:00:54.078):{0x8E8} [Alarm::ActivateAlarm] Queuing alarm: <N/A> | BlackBerry Messaging Agent TGSOSLBES001 Agent 2 (Application Event Log on TGSOSLBES001.gruppen.terra.no) | 11/27/2011 00:00:54  (AFFF4E20) -> RIM_HrResolveProxysFromDN - ResolveNamesMAPI failed from -2147221233

And then I found this KB : 

KB14997

However, restarting the dispatcher had no effect whatsoever.

New Developer
lund

No suggestions? I'm kind of running dry on ideas or places to look here.. :smileysad:
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

almost sounds like throttle policy is not set or maybe MSPI on your DC is limiting it.

By default, Microsoft® Exchange 2010 uses client throttling policies to track the bandwidth that each Microsoft Exchange user
consumes and enforce bandwidth limits, as necessary. The policies affect the performance of the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
negatively, so you should turn off client throttling for the Windows® account that has a Microsoft Exchange mailbox.
Please check http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20608

using 2008 Global catalogs?
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17325

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Developer
lund

Thanks again knotty, I forgot to post it last week but I did find one KB related to our issues:

KB28704

As our Exchange 2010 domain is behind a BigIP box, all the traffic was routed through the BigIP, one edit of the host file sendt the traffic straight to one of our three CAS servers instead and that fixed the calendar/address book synk.

The mailsync is working as well, however there is up to a 15 minute delay from a message is received in the Outlook inbox until it appears on the device.

That was never an issue with users on our Exchange 2003 server.

However, now that we have been able to move all users to the new 2010 environment, there is probably some 2010-specific tweaks that can be done in order to ensure maximum performance and stability?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

take a peek at this KB

Article ID: KB25654

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Developer
lund

Thanks, that seems to be a perfect description to my issues..

I will try MR5 ASAP and let you know how it turns out.