Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
ITGuyLA
My Device: Not Specified

Moving Exchange 2007 to a new machine. BES still linked to old Exchange Information Store

Hi,

I am running BES 4.1 on an Exchange 2007 server. All is well. However, I have moved the Exchange to a new machine in the same domain and network. Using the Blackberry Server Configuration, I have changed the MAPI profile to point to the BESAdmin account on the new Exchange machine. All BBs in the organization are working normally. However, I now want to remove the old Exchange software but BES Synchronization Service, Policy Service and Dispatcher are still dependent on the old Exchange Information Store. How do I get them to point to the new Exchange Information store?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: Moving Exchange 2007 to a new machine. BES still linked to old Exchange Information Store

How are these services dependant on the old Exchange Information Store?
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ITGuyLA

Re: Moving Exchange 2007 to a new machine. BES still linked to old Exchange Information Store

Before I remove the old Exchange server software, my goal was to shut down all Exchange Services on the old Exchange Server. That way I could make sure the new Exchange server was configured properly. Everything was fine until I went to shut down the Exchange Information Store on the old server. When I tried to do that, I got a warning message that those three BB services were dependent on the Information Store.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

Are you running BES on your Exchange server?

Remove Service Dependency

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ITGuyLA

The BES is running on the DC which was also running Exchange 2007. I have moved Exchange 2007 to a new machine. Preparing for removal of Exchange from the DC.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

Oy vey.

Stop all the mail and bes services and  then remove the service dependency.  You'll then be able to continue removing Exchange.  You'll need to install the MAPI / CDO components after all of this too.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ITGuyLA

The MAPI/CDO components will need to be reinstalled on the DC where the BES resides?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

Yes.  As you're removing Exchange from the server you're removing the MAPI / CDO components too.  You need to put them back in place after the removal is complete.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ITGuyLA

Great Andy. Thanks! That's exactly the information I was looking for. Appreciate the help.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne

You're quite welcome.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.