Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Nagendra_Sharma
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Need Answers On Few Blackberry Enterprise Server for Exchange Troubleshooting Questions.

1)      Is it possible to adjust the messaging pre population option for the individuals other then server? (Yes/No)

2)      Can the Blackberry device Smartphone software be upgrade from the Blackberry enterprise server? (yes/No)

3)      Can the Enterprise admin role choose which folder can be marked for redirection in Blackberry Enterprise Server? (Yes/No)

4)      Can Blackberry modify the Auto-Generated email notification for wireless enterprise activation? (Yes/No)

5)       How many days you can go back during message pre population in blackberry enterprise server? (7 days, 14 days, 21 days, 28 days)

6)      Where is the Blackberry enterprise server log file created?

7)      Would you be able to setup all method to include certificate synchronization using the silent install in Blackberry Enterprise Server? (Yes/No)

8)      Is there a way to delete a user’s service book all at one time? (Yes/No)

9)      What kind of wireless signal types can be used for wireless enterprise activation? (3G, EDGE, GPRS)

10)   In which order are the admin roles of Blackberry enterprise sever listed?

11)   Are logs purged from the server from a setting on the blackberry enterprise server or manually deleted by the admin?

12)   Can the Blackberry desktop manager be used to install new Blackberry smart phone software? (Yes/No)

13)   SMS/ PIN login is on by default in Blackberry? (Yes/No)

14)   What is biggest outlook mailbox that is recommended to connect to a Blackberry smart phone? (1gb, 2gb, 5gb, No limitation)

15)   When deleting an account from Blackberry manager it’s not good to delete the hidden folder from the mailbox? (True/False)

16)   In what situation can an admin use the assign device futures in the Black berry manager?

17)   Is there a method that an administrator can create or generate a report showing the different Blackberry Smartphone models on the Blackberry enterprise server?

18)   When looking at the Blackberry manager console the administrator finds out that the device appears to be working but the model and OS information is blank. How can be this information be populated?

19)   Is there a way to control the email reconciliation options through the service book? (Yes/No)

20)   Can you run a Blackberry web desktop software on the same server as the Blackberry enterprise server ?(Yes/No)

21)   What is the minimum /maximum time an enterprise activation password can remain activate?

22)   Can a user who needs to manually synchronize other address book to their Blackberry Smartphone use the blackberry web desktop manager?

23)   Which among the following is an example of the push count in Blackberry?

24)   When a user is moved from one server to another server does the reload command need to be performed?

25)   What could be the reason for a wireless enterprise activation trying a buy time to initially we can import filter from…

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Need Answers On Few Blackberry Enterprise Server for Exchange Troubleshooting Questions.

[ Edited ]

Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

Wow! You might just need a good basic BES Admin training session?

You posted this in the Welcome and Introductions section of the forum... I will asked that it be moved to our BES section....

Message Edited by JSanders on 08-14-2009 06:54 AM

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
OzBBerry42
My Device: 8300

Re: Need Answers ... (VERY LONG)

[ Edited ]

1. YES

2. Yes

3. No

4. No

5.  14 days MAX

6.   Default install location. i.e.e C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logs

7. Dont know. I doubt it.

8. Yes. Wipe HH, otherwise No

9. All, as long as you have a BES plan on the Mobile Phone service with your carrier.

I'm going to stop here.

I think you need to read ALL of this!

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/subcategories/?category=BlackBerry+Enterprise+Server+for+Microso...

Message Edited by OzBBerry42 on 08-17-2009 10:57 AM

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Need Answers On Few Blackberry Enterprise Server for Exchange Troubleshooting Questions.

Nagendra_Sharma wrote:

11)   Are logs purged from the server from a setting on the blackberry enterprise server or manually deleted by the admin? I set mine to stay forever. I have looked at them a year later.

12)   Can the Blackberry desktop manager be used to install new Blackberry smart phone software? (Yes/No) Yes

13)   SMS/ PIN login is on by default in Blackberry? (Yes/No) NO

14)   What is biggest outlook mailbox that is recommended to connect to a Blackberry smart phone? (1gb, 2gb, 5gb, No limitation)  We have some with 5 gig here with no issues. Hardware and how busy your server is will determine it.

15)   When deleting an account from Blackberry manager it’s not good to delete the hidden folder from the mailbox? (True/False) It is good if they will never use BES again, saves space

16)   In what situation can an admin use the assign device futures in the Black berry manager? Never used it. we send a replacement phone and have the users activate it

17)   Is there a method that an administrator can create or generate a report showing the different Blackberry Smartphone models on the Blackberry enterprise server?  export users?

18)   When looking at the Blackberry manager console the administrator finds out that the device appears to be working but the model and OS information is blank. How can be this information be populated?  it is a random issue. Reactivation usually works.

19)   Is there a way to control the email reconciliation options through the service book? (Yes/No)  no, it is user selecatable

20)   Can you run a Blackberry web desktop software on the same server as the Blackberry enterprise server ?(Yes/No)  Better to keep seperate, but yes.

21)   What is the minimum /maximum time an enterprise activation password can remain activate? 1-720 hours.

22)   Can a user who needs to manually synchronize other address book to their Blackberry Smartphone use the blackberry web desktop manager? Never tried it.

23)   Which among the following is an example of the push count in Blackberry? ?

24)   When a user is moved from one server to another server does the reload command need to be performed? 

25)   What could be the reason for a wireless enterprise activation trying a buy time to initially we can import filter from…  I dont understand.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nagendra_Sharma
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

Could you please help me to find out answers for few blackberry questions? Those are as follows.

1) Would you be able to setup all method to include certificate synchronization using the silent install in Blackberry Enterprise Server? (Yes/No)

2) In which order are the admin roles of Blackberry enterprise sever listed?

3) Are logs purged from the server from a setting on the blackberry enterprise server or manually deleted by the admin?

4) What is biggest outlook mailbox that is recommended to connect to a Blackberry smart phone? (1gb, 2gb, 5gb, No limitation)

5) When deleting an account from Blackberry manager it’s not good to delete the hidden folder from the mailbox? (True/False)

6) Is there a method that an administrator can create or generate a report showing the different Blackberry Smartphone models on the Blackberry enterprise server?

7) When looking at the Blackberry manager console the administrator finds out that the device appears to be working but the model and OS information is blank. How can be this information be populated? 

8) Can a user who needs to manually synchronize other address book to their Blackberry Smartphone use the blackberry web desktop manager?

9) Which among the following is an example of the push count in Blackberry?

10) When a user is moved from one server to another server does the reload command need to be performed?

Thanks and Regards

Nagendra Sharma

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Nagendra_Sharma wrote:

Hi,

Could you please help me to find out answers for few blackberry questions? Those are as follows.

1) Would you be able to setup all method to include certificate synchronization using the silent install in Blackberry Enterprise Server? (Yes/No)  I dont know

2) In which order are the admin roles of Blackberry enterprise sever listed? Please read the manual

3) Are logs purged from the server from a setting on the blackberry enterprise server or manually deleted by the admin? Can be Purged

4) What is biggest outlook mailbox that is recommended to connect to a Blackberry smart phone? (1gb, 2gb, 5gb, No limitation) Answered already

5) When deleting an account from Blackberry manager it’s not good to delete the hidden folder from the mailbox? (True/False) False

6) Is there a method that an administrator can create or generate a report showing the different Blackberry Smartphone models on the Blackberry enterprise server?  Export users.

7) When looking at the Blackberry manager console the administrator finds out that the device appears to be working but the model and OS information is blank. How can be this information be populated? Answered already

8) Can a user who needs to manually synchronize other address book to their Blackberry Smartphone use the blackberry web desktop manager? Answered already

9) Which among the following is an example of the push count in Blackberry? Answered already

10) When a user is moved from one server to another server does the reload command need to be performed? No, you use handheld cleanup

Thanks and Regards

Nagendra Sharma

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

I would really suggest reading the admin guide.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Please use plain text.