Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
robyns
My Device: Not Specified

Need Help ASAP...

Alrighty, this is my first post on here so please grin and bare with me as I might not know completely how to do this...

First off I work for a Cellular company in Canada and I have a customer that has a question that for some unknown reason I can't get a straight answer out of anyone about. The Customer has a BES server currently with the Groupwise Platform and he wants to know if there is a conversion package to the Exchange platform or if he is looking at having to buy a whole new BES server all together. If he buys a new BES with Exchange are his CAL's that he has currently going to work for the new BES? He has 60 CAL's all together right now, so is there any solution what so ever for his problem? Has anyone ever encountered this? Please let me know as soon as possible as I have been trying to figure this out for the customer for close to a week. Thanks!

Robyn

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Need Help ASAP...

Have him call RIM and explain it all, they are usually fair about changing mail platforms.

Worst case you might have to buy a SRP and use your old CALs.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
robyns
My Device: Not Specified

what's an SRP... He has tried to phone RIM and that's why I am posting on here... they are no use... They give the guy 5 different answering, none making sense what so ever. we kinda got it figured down to he needs a new BES all together, so could he switch his CAL's over to the new BES or is he looking at new CAL's too?!
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

SRP = Service Routing Protocol

every SRP identifier is different like a serial number and is assigned to a particular email server type.

If he buys a new BES for exchange for one user, he should be able to transfer all the old CALs to it if both BES are same version.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Enterprise CALs and SRPs are interchangable between platforms
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Thats good to know thanks